Monday, September 19, 2011

Reminder - Pack Meeting Wednesday

Hi all, 

Reminder - we have pack meeting on Wednesday: 6:30pm at the Kula Community Center. Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes early, since it always seems to take a few minutes to get the boys' uniforms tucked in, find a seat, greet people, etc.  

I have had a number of people asking me about dates for this and that, so I just wanted to remind everyone that I try to keep the Pack calendar up to date at http://www.mauipack14.org/
-- We can put den schedules on there, too, if you like. 
-- If you have an iPhone, you can add the calendar to your phone. I think you just click on this address in your phone and it should walk you through it: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/davidaskov%40mauipack14.org/public/basic.ics 
-- If you have an Android, go to your gmail account, open the calendar, click on the "add" link in the left under "other calendars", and choose "add by URL". Enter the calendar URL under the iPhone. 

Spook o ree: A few updates.
1) Cabins are first-come, first-served. This is a Council event, so they may sell out. I will be in a tent.
2) Make checks out to "Boy Scouts of America".
3) The registration is for both adults and children, so put both on your form and include that in your payment. 
4) Take it to the Council service center (Mon-Fri, 8-4) or mail to: 
Maui County Council, Boy Scouts of America
200 Liholiho Street
Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793
5) Please let me know participant names you send in, so I can double-check with the Council and make sure their list matches ours. 
6) The Council said there are no medical or release forms to fill out. I half expect they will be requested later. Stay tuned...
 
See you Wednesday!

David Askov
264-8082
http://mauipack14.org



On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 23:41, David Askov <davidaskov@mauipack14.org> wrote:
Here are a few announcements. I'll try to keep them short, and some items will have more detailed follow-ups, but please read to the end. All Pack events are always on our calendar at http://www.mauipack14.org/

1) Pack meeting next Wednesday (21 SEP), 6:30pm at the Kula Community Center. Please come on time so we can finish on time. 

2) Awards - If your son has any awards to report, please send those by Friday to your den leader and copy Stacy (sagemom1@yahoo.com). Don't know who your den leader is? Then just email Stacy this month. 
Summer camps: I will try to compile a list of awards earned by the boys at summer camps. Since they all should have earned the same things, please let me know if you have a list of those (I sure don't!). I have some notes Ben made for me from Webelos camp. I only attended one day of Cub Camp, so I need more help with those awards.  

3) The Council is trying a new event in the fall for Halloween. They are calling it the Spook-o-ree. This is an overnighter at Camp Maluhia 28-29 OCT. This is strictly a per-family sign-up, so you're on your own to sign up. There are a limited number of cabins available, so sign up early if staying in a tent isn't your thing. Sign-up form is attached, and is also attached to the calendar event on the website
Note the request to bring nine 1-gallon milk containers for the crafts. Anyone have connections to a coffee shop or restaurant that might have these?

4) NEW SCOUTS: The Council will hold their annual New Scout Adventure on Nov 19th. I think it is a one-day event at Camp Maluhia. It is meant to be fun for the boys, as well as teach them a bit about scouting and how it works. More details to come as I get 'em. 

5) The popcorn kick-off meeting was tonight. Expect news next week at the pack meeting. This our biggest fund-raiser of the year, and usually is during the month of October. 

6) We are definitely marching in the County Fair parade 29 SEP. Plan on being down at UH-Maui around 3:30pm-ish. They usually give us Fair tickets afterwards, so many of the boys go in to the Fair that evening. More details to come as I get 'em.

7) All-Wheels Rodeo coming up  09 OCT at 10am. Plan on bringing something on wheels (bike, scooter, skateboard, rollerblades...) and a HELMET. More details to come at the Pack meeting.

Let me know if I forgot anything, and I'll add it to the pack meeting announcements. 

David Askov
264-8082
http://mauipack14.org


No comments:

Post a Comment