Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pack 14 - various announcements

Here are a few announcements. I'll try to keep them short, and some items will have more detailed follow-ups, but please read to the end. All Pack events are always on our calendar at http://www.mauipack14.org/

1) Pack meeting next Wednesday (21 SEP), 6:30pm at the Kula Community Center. Please come on time so we can finish on time. 

2) Awards - If your son has any awards to report, please send those by Friday to your den leader and copy Stacy (sagemom1@yahoo.com). Don't know who your den leader is? Then just email Stacy this month. 
Summer camps: I will try to compile a list of awards earned by the boys at summer camps. Since they all should have earned the same things, please let me know if you have a list of those (I sure don't!). I have some notes Ben made for me from Webelos camp. I only attended one day of Cub Camp, so I need more help with those awards.  

3) The Council is trying a new event in the fall for Halloween. They are calling it the Spook-o-ree. This is an overnighter at Camp Maluhia 28-29 OCT. This is strictly a per-family sign-up, so you're on your own to sign up. There are a limited number of cabins available, so sign up early if staying in a tent isn't your thing. Sign-up form is attached, and is also attached to the calendar event on the website
Note the request to bring nine 1-gallon milk containers for the crafts. Anyone have connections to a coffee shop or restaurant that might have these?

4) NEW SCOUTS: The Council will hold their annual New Scout Adventure on Nov 19th. I think it is a one-day event at Camp Maluhia. It is meant to be fun for the boys, as well as teach them a bit about scouting and how it works. More details to come as I get 'em. 

5) The popcorn kick-off meeting was tonight. Expect news next week at the pack meeting. This our biggest fund-raiser of the year, and usually is during the month of October. 

6) We are definitely marching in the County Fair parade 29 SEP. Plan on being down at UH-Maui around 3:30pm-ish. They usually give us Fair tickets afterwards, so many of the boys go in to the Fair that evening. More details to come as I get 'em.

7) All-Wheels Rodeo coming up  09 OCT at 10am. Plan on bringing something on wheels (bike, scooter, skateboard, rollerblades...) and a HELMET. More details to come at the Pack meeting.

Let me know if I forgot anything, and I'll add it to the pack meeting announcements. 

David Askov
264-8082
http://mauipack14.org

No comments:

Post a Comment